Submission deadline: January 31st, 2024
Symposium: Friday, April 12, 2024
We invite submissions for participation in a one day symposium of greater Boston-area scholars, community members, library and archives professionals, students, and practitioners across disciplines who engage with digital approaches, pedagogy, and methods in humanities and social sciences research on Friday, April 12, 2024. The symposium will be a day of learning, engagement, and community building. Sessions will occur in person on Tufts’ Medford campus; a hybrid option will be available to those who are unable to attend in person.
We are especially keen on proposals that center around research, teaching, and approaches engaged with queer digital humanities and critical mapping, and that explore and emphasize issues around identity, social justice, and technology. We welcome proposals on work at various stsymposium_posterages in the research process.
In addition to this theme, we seek proposals related, but not limited, to the following:
- Digital and computational approaches to humanistic research and pedagogy
- Digital storytelling
- Digital cultural heritage
- Digital public humanities
- Critical approaches to metadata, taxonomy, information architecture
- Ethical approaches to data collection, preservation, and sustainability
- Critical coding and AI
- Environmental humanities & climate justice
- Digital musicology and sound studies
- Community engaged DH; co-creation and co-curation with BIPOC and/or LGBTQIA+ communities
Proposals are due by January 31st, 2024
Requirements for submission types
- Individual talk (15 min) - 250 max word proposal
- Panel or round table presentation (90 min) - 500 max word proposal
- Poster session - 250 max word proposal
- Workshop (90 min) - 500 max word proposal
- Proposal should include workshop’s objective, anticipated audience, logistical, and technological requirements.
For all submission types: please include name(s) and affiliation(s) as well as a short biography (75-100 words max) for each participant. Please let us know if you will need any accommodations that will allow you to participate.
November 2, 2023 – submissions open
January 31, 2024 – submission deadline
Mid-February 2024 – acceptance notifications
March 15, 2024 - schedule published
April 12, 2024 - symposium
Questions can be sent to Kaylen Dwyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.